Last updated: 9/26/2022
The Information We Collect
1) Contact Information. When you sign up (create an account or sign in using Facebook or Google authentication), you are required to provide us with information about yourself (collectively, the "Contact Information"). Such Contact Information may include your name, email address, mailing address, and phone number. We do not collect any Contact Information from you when you use the Services unless you provide us with the Contact Information voluntarily (directly or via Facebook or Google authentication.)
2) Billing Information. When you sign up, you are required to provide payment information in addition to the Contact Information noted above. Such information may include a payment card number, billing name and address, and similar information (collectively, the “Billing Information”).
3) Other Information. In addition to the Contact Information and the Billing Information noted above that you voluntarily provide to us, we may collect additional information (collectively, the “Other Information”). Such Other Information may include:
a. From Your Activity. Information that we automatically collect when you use the Sites and Services, such as your IP addresses, browser type and language, referring and exit pages and URLs, date and time, amount of time spent on particular pages, what sections of the Sites you visit, order information, and similar information concerning your use of the Services.
c. From You. Additional information about yourself that you voluntarily provide to us, such as product and service reviews, product preferences and emails sent to us.
e. From Other Sources. Information that we collect or receive from other sources, such as our partners.
Accessing and Modifying Personal Information and Communication Preferences
If you have registered for the Services, you may access, review, and make changes to your Contact Information and Billing Information by following the instructions found on our Sites. In addition, you may manage your receipt of marketing and non-transactional communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of any Smith Brothers Farms marketing email. Active customers cannot opt out of receiving transactional emails related to their account. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to process such requests in a timely manner. You should be aware, however, that it is not always possible to completely remove or modify information in our subscription databases.
How We Use and Share the Information
We use the Contact Information, the Billing Information, and the Other Information to process transactions; provide you the Services; solicit your feedback; inform you about our products, services, upcoming events, recipes, and special promotions; administer and process contests, promotions, and sweepstakes; conduct analytics; and improve our Services to you. Also, we may share Contact Information, the Billing Information, and/or Other Information as described below.
- In order to administer our contests, promotions, and sweepstakes, we may share your Contact Information and Other Information with our third-party promotional and marketing partners.
- In an ongoing effort to better understand our users and our Services, we might analyze the Other Information in aggregate form in order to operate, maintain, manage, and improve the Services. This aggregate information does not identify you personally. We may share this aggregate data with our affiliates, agents, and business partners. We may also disclose aggregated user statistics in order to describe our products and Services to current and prospective business partners and to other third parties for other lawful purposes.
- As we develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution, or similar event, the Contact Information, the Billing Information, and the Other Information may be part of the transferred assets.
- To the extent permitted by law, we may also disclose Contact Information, the Billing Information, and the Other Information when required by law, court order, or other government or law enforcement authority or regulatory agency, or whenever we believe that disclosing the such information is necessary or advisable, for example, to protect the rights, property, or safety of Smith Brothers Farms or others.
How We Protect Your Information
We take commercially reasonable steps to protect the Contact Information, the Billing Information, and the Other Information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Please understand, however, that no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our databases, nor can we guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to and from us over the Internet. In particular, email sent to or from us may not be secure, and you should therefore take special care in deciding what information you send to us via email.
Requesting Review and Deletion of Personal Information
You may request to review and delete the Personal Information that we have collected from you. To request to review and delete your Personal Information, please send email to email@example.com. Please include your account email address and summarize your request in the email. We may reply back to you to confirm receipt or collect additional details in order to complete your request. Please note, your right to review and delete Personal Information is subject to exceptions. For example, we may need to retain your Personal Information to provide you with the Services, complete a transaction or comply with other actions you have requested.
Important Notice to Non-U.S. Residents
The Sites and the Services are operated in the United States and is intended for visitors located within the United States. If you are located outside of the United States, please be aware that any information you provide to us will be transferred to the United States. By using the Services and/or providing us with any information, you consent to this transfer.
If you choose to use the Service from the European Union or other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, then please note that you are transferring your personal information outside of those regions to the United States for storage and processing. Also, we may transfer your data from the U.S. to other countries or regions in connection with storage and processing of data, fulfilling your requests, and operating the Service. By providing any information, including personal information, on or to the Service, you consent to such transfer, storage, and processing.
How to Contact Us