Dad’s Favorite Hash Brown Casserole
Looking for a comforting dish to serve up on a Sunday morning? Look no further than the family-pleasing breakfast casserole.
Our friends at Garden Fresh Foods shared one of their favorite ways to enjoy their fresh shredded potatoes: layered in a casserole with eggs, peppers, cheese, crispy bacon, sausage, and yes, more cheese. It’s then baked until hot and bubbly.
Warm, hearty, and effortless to make, this dish will leave your whole family full and happy.
Dad's Favorite Hash Brown Casserole
What you need
- 6 Smith Brothers Farms Organic Eggs
- ½ cup Smith Brothers Farms Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 cup Smith Brothers Farms Natural Sour Cream
- 3 cups Tillamook Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 cup bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1 cup ground sausage, cooked
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 32 oz. (1 and 1/3 containers) Garden Fresh Foods Shredded Potatoes
- 1 cup green or red bell pepper, diced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Optional toppings:
- Chopped green onions
- Sour cream
- Chopped parsley
Preheat oven to 375F. Grease 9x13 baking dish
In a large bowl, beat the eggs, heavy whipping cream, and sour cream. Add the chopped peppers, onions, bacon, and sausage.
Add 32 ounces of shredded potatoes and 1.5 cups of cheddar cheese and stir until everything is combined (remaining 1.5 cup of cheese for topping)
Pour the mixture into the greased baking dish and top with the remaining cheese.
Cover the casserole dish with foil and bake for 35 minutes. Remove the foil and bake uncovered for about another 10 minutes or until casserole is bubbling and cheese is melted.
Add optional toppings.
Recipe courtesy of Garden Fresh Foods