It's a Wrap!
If you're looking for a delicious, easy, and healthy meal, wraps are where it’s at! Portable, hand-held, fast and fabulous, there are endless ways to make a wrap. You can put any food in a tortilla and make it into a wrap--the only limit is your imagination. Here are a few of our favorite wrap recipes.
Diced Chicken Caesar Wrap
Combine crisp romaine, juicy grilled chicken, and creamy Caesar dressing for a portable take on a lunchtime classic. A Caesar salad kit and diced cooked chicken breast provides maximum flavor with minimal prep time.
- 5 flour tortillas
- 2 cups diced chicken
- 2 packages Caesar salad mix
- 1-2 oz. microgreen sprouts
- 2/3 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- ¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Lay a tortilla out on a cutting board. (If the tortillas are not pliable, briefly warm them in the microwave for 5-10 seconds.)
- Prepare the Caesar Salad kit and place 1/5 over the tortilla.
- Sprinkle half an ounce of sprouts over the Caesar Salad mix.
- Arrange approximately 1/4 cup of chopped chicken down the length of the mix.
- Then arrange 2 tablespoons of diced tomatoes and 2 tablespoons of diced avocado.
- Sprinkle 1 ounce of shredded cheese over the top of the tomatoes and avocados.
Fold the ends of the tortilla over the short ends of the lettuce leaves. Then starting on one long edge, roll the wrap like a burrito tucking in the ends as you roll. The final product should be one equally portioned cylinder with the ends completely tucked inward. Repeat with the remaining ingredients. Cut each wrap across the center, at an angle. Either wrap in plastic and refrigerate for later or serve immediately.
Pulled Pork Wrap
For a hot handheld lunch, add sweet and saucy Niman Ranch pulled pork with barbecue sauce, Tillamook cheddar, and sliced onions. Wrap in foil and heat in the over until it’s warm, melty, and delicious.
- 14 oz Pulled Pork with BBQ Sauce
- 2 flour tortillas
- 1/2-3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 onion cut into rings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spoon 1/2 the shredded pork onto each tortilla
- Sprinkle approx. 1 ounce Cheddar cheese on top of the pork, add the onion rings, salt, and pepper.
- Fold opposing edges of each tortilla to overlap the filling.
- Roll 1 of the opposing edges around the filling into a burrito-shape.
- Wrap each tightly with aluminum foil and place on a baking sheet and bake in a preheated oven.
- Bake until cooked through and cheese is melted, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Cut each wrap in half to serve.
Veggie Rainbow Wrap
This healthy lunch feels like a treat! A rainbow of carrots, peppers, baby spinach,avocados, cucumbers and microgreens bring nourishing flavor and crunch, while creamy hummus adds protein and helps hold this wrap together. Use any vegetables you prefer, aiming for a colorful variety that will give you a beautiful and nutrient-filled wrap.
- 4 flour tortillas
- 2/3 cup hummus
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1-2 avocados, thinly sliced
- 12 baby carrots, shredded
- 8 oz container of baby cucumbers, chopped
- Additional veggie options: microgreens, chopped tomato, lettuce, mini sweet peppers
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Light drizzle of olive oil
- Spread hummus over tortilla.
- Add spinach, avocado, carrot, cucumber, and any other desired vegetables.
- Sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper, to taste.
- Drizzle with a tiny bit of olive oil.
- Roll up your wrap and enjoy!
For breakfast on the run, take a wrap of fluffy scrambled eggs, shredded cheddar, and bacon with you as you face the day. Add some spice with a drizzle of salsa, or include a few slices of avocado for a healthy boost, and vegetarians can substitute shredded potatoes in place of the bacon.
- 3 flour tortillas
- 6 large eggs
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 1 cup Half and Half
- 6 slices of Bacon
- ½ cup sshredded cheddar cheese
- Salt and Pepper
- Salsa (optional)
- avocado, sliced (optional)
Recipe for Perfect Scrambled Eggs:
- Whisk together the eggs and half and half well. You want to vigorously whisk them for 1-2 minutes by hand to incorporate some air into the mix.
- Melt the butter in a medium-sized non-stick pan over low to medium-low heat.
- Pour in the eggs and cook slowly stirring very occasionally by using a rubber scraper and dragging it across the bottom of the pan to loosen the eggs from the pan.
- Keep stirring every minute or two until the eggs start to solidify, and then do the gentle drag and flip.
- Once the eggs are set, but still look a little wet, add the salt and pepper and gently stir, top with cheese, cover, and remove from the heat.
Assemble the wrap:
- Cook the bacon in the oven, on the stovetop, or on your grill. Drain the excess grease and set aside.
- Cook your fluffy scrambled eggs (see instructions above), melt the cheese on top and set aside.
- Warm your tortillas for about 30 seconds in the microwave to soften them up
- Gently place some eggs and bacon inside the tortilla.
- Wrap up the eggs and bacon and fold in the ends.
- Lightly brush a non-stick pan or your griddle with cooking oil.
- Preheat pan over medium heat. Once hot, place the wrap seam-side-down in the pan.
- Lightly press down the wrap, cook for 1-2 minutes or until it is lightly browned, and flip.
- Cook the other side until it is also golden brown, and then eat.