Join Smith Brothers Farms in partnering with Northwest Harvest for our annual food drive. Northwest Harvest is the largest independent hunger relief agency in the state of Washington, providing over 2 million meals to those in need every month.
Our goal is collect 20,000 pounds of food this year, so we’ll need a lot of support.
Here’s how you can help!
- From September 18th – September 29th, place non-perishable foods in a bag on or next to your porchbox on the night before your delivery. Your milkman will collect the food.
- If you would like to make a monetary donation, please make checks out to Northwest Harvest, place it in an envelope marked "Northwest Harvest Food Drive" and place it in your porchbox.
Suggested food items (ranked by importance):
- Beef stew, chili and similar meals with low salt, sugar and saturated fats
- Canned fruit, especially with low sugar (but not artificial sweeteners)
- Canned fish or meat
- Peanut butter (plastic jars are preferred)
- Canned vegetables (low sodium)
- Brown rice
- Whole grain pastas
- Canned tomato sauces
- Shelf-stable milk
Infant and baby foods:
- Baby formula
- Jars of baby food
- Powdered or canned milk
- Infant cereal