You can dress it up by adding either a sweet or savory (or both!) filling. (We have some options below.) It's best served warm with crostini and fruit.
What you need
- 8 oz. Marin French Traditional Brie
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 1 Smith Brothers Farms Egg
- Kitchen twine
- 1 tbsp. flour
- 1/4 cup total filling (see below)
Items for serving:
- Raspberry jam and pecans
- Brown sugar and walnuts
- Cinnamon sugar mixture and roasted pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- Dried apricots and honey
- Sun-dried tomatoes and pesto
- Pesto and roasted pine nuts
- Olive tapenade
- Pistachios, olives, olive oil, and thyme
Sweet, Savory, and a Little Interesting
- Hot honey and walnuts
- Pear and prosciutto
- Honey and
- Marmalade and fresh ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 400F.
Spread thawed puff pastry sheet onto a surface lightly coated with flour. Roll out pastry to a square that’s twice the size of the Brie.
Place the wheel of Brie in the center of the puff pastry square and add toppings.
Fold pastry up and over the Brie, pressing together at the seams and top. Gather dough in a knot and secure with the kitchen twine.
Carefully transfer to lined baking sheet.
Beat egg until light and fluffy, then brush over top of the pastry.
Place in oven for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
Remove from oven and let sit for 10 to 15 minutes. Then dig in!