Apple Cinnamon Oat Muffins Recipe
Apple cinnamon oat muffins are not only easy to make; they’re also healthy and delicious! These store well in the fridge or freezer and make a great grab-and-go breakfast or snack all week long!
Apple Cinnamon Oat Muffins
What you need
- 1½ cups Smith Brothers Farms Milk
- 2 large Smith Brothers Farms Eggs
- ½ cup maple syrup or sugar
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce (see recipe below!)
- 3 cups old-fashioned whole oats
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp. pure vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 cup peeled, chopped gala apple
- Optional: coarse sugar to top and ½ cup chopped pecans or walnuts
Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a muffin pan with nonstick spray.
In a large bowl, whisk all ingredients together, except for the apples and nuts. Using a spoon or rubber spatula, fold in the apples and nuts. The batter will be wet. Spoon batter evenly into muffin cups, making sure both the oats and apples and liquid are in each. Fill all the way to the top.
Bake 25-30 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned and the top appears set. If the tops appear to brown quickly, tent aluminum foil on top.
Cool 5 minutes before serving. Refrigerate for up to 1 week.
- ¾ cup water
In a saucepan, combine apples, water, and cinnamon. Cover, and cook over medium heat for 15 to 20 minutes, or until apples are soft. Allow to cool, then mash with a fork or potato masher.
(If you want sweetened applesauce, just add ¼