It's quick to throw together and you can prep it ahead of time. Whip it up the night before, let sit overnight to allow the flavors to mingle, and pop it in the oven when you wake up the next day. It's the perfect Thanksgiving or Christmas breakfast.
What You Need
- 13x9 pan
- 10 slices of your favorite sandwich bread (We like Coeur d' Alene's French Bread best!)
- 7 links Applegate Pork Sausage
- 8 ounces (1 bag) Tillamook Shredded Cheddar
- 5 Smith Brothers Farms Eggs
- 1 cup of Smith Brothers Farms Milk (You can use any milk, but our favorite is whole.)
- 1 tbsp. ground mustard
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Grease a 13x9 baking dish. Tear bread slices into 1 to 2-inch chunks and place in the baking dish. Cut sausage links into small rounds. Sprinkle the sausage and grated cheese over the top of the bread.
Whisk eggs, milk, ground mustard, salt, and pepper together in a large bowl and pour evenly over the top of the bread, cheese, and sausage. Cover and refrigerate overnight (or for eight hours).
To bake, preheat oven to 350F. While oven is warming up, remove strata from refrigerator and bake uncovered for 35 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.