FAQ: Holiday Ham
Fully cooked and ready to serve, Spiral Bone-In Half Ham is made with high-quality Duroc Heritage pork. This breed of American-bred hogs is known for its natural marbling and deep red color. Each ham is seasoned, cured with honey and brown sugar, and slow-cooked in state-of-the-art smokers. Then, it’s spiral-sliced to the bone, wrapped, and netted with a glaze packet.
Delivery schedule for 2023
All deliveries will receive their ham the week leading up to Christmas:
- Monday December 18
- Tuesday, December 19
- Wednesday, December 20
- Thursday, December 21
- Friday, December 22
Where do the hams come from?
We have partnered with Hill's Premium Meats in Pendleton Oregon.
How are they packaged and delivered?
The hams are vacuum-packed and netted with a glaze packet. They will be delivered inside an insulated bag and placed on top of your porch box.
How should I store my ham?
Upon receiving, put the ham in the fridge as soon as possible. The hams have a 60 day best-by date when fresh, and one year in the freezer
What sizes are available?
We have one size available: 9 pounds.
How many will it feed?
It’s recommended to estimate ¾ to 1 pound per person for a bone-in ham. A 9-pound ham should feed approximately 12 people.
How long does it take to cook?
Since they are fully cooked, you can serve the hams cold. However, if want to serve it warm, here is how to heat a fully-cooked spiral ham:
- Preheat the oven to 300F.
- Remove all packaging materials and place ham on a sheet of heavy-duty foil, cut side down. Wrap the ham tightly with the foil and bake for about 8 to 10 minutes per pound or to an internal temp of 140F at the thickest part of the meat.
- Remove from oven and let rest 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
- Unwrap the ham and apply the glaze; increase the heat to 400F and bake for 15 to 20 minutes longer
- Remove from the oven and let rest for 10 to 15 minutes before serving