How to Make Your Own Flavored Coffee Creamer
Even if you don’t consider yourself a Master Chef, there’s something about homemade food that just tastes better. And we think we have figured out why. (Besides the fact that it’s made with a whole lot of love, of course.) It’s because you get full control of what goes into the food. When it’s made at home, we often use only the freshest ingredients and a variety of spices. None of this hydrogenated oil stuff!
But there’s one thing that many of us consume every day that’s loaded with dozens of ingredients. Most of which you likely don’t know what they are or how to even pronounce them. (Any idea what Dipotassium Phosphate is?) If you haven’t already guessed, it’s flavored coffee creamer.
But did you know you can make the sweet coffee addition right at home using Smith Brothers Farms’ Half and Half? Plus, you can customize the flavors, including the classic French vanilla to the seasonal pumpkin spice. Here are three flavors to help you get started.
- Flavor Options
- French Vanilla: 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract and 1 teaspoon of hazelnut extract
- Vanilla Cinnamon: 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract and ½ teaspoon cinnamon.
- Caramel Macchiato: 2 tablespoons of caramel sauce.
Note: For thicker ingredients, such as caramel sauce, you’ll need to warm (not scalding) the half and half, then stir in the caramel sauce until dissolved. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Place all ingredients in a jar or bottle.
- Secure lid and shake well.
- Store in the refrigerator.
- Add to your coffee and enjoy.
What are some of your favorite coffee creamer flavors you've made? Share with us in the comments below.