Napa Cabbage Slaw with Charred Scallions & Lime Dressing
Bright, crunchy, and easy to throw together, this Napa cabbage slaw recipe is sure to steal the show at your next backyard cookout!
What You Need
- 1 bunch of scallions (about 6), trimmed
- 1 habanero chili, seeds removed
- 4 garlic cloves
- Zest of 2 limes
- ½ cup fresh lime juice
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- Kosher salt
- 1 head Napa cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 large watermelon radishes or one 6" piece daikon (Japanese radish), peeled, cut into ⅛" thick matchsticks
- Thinly sliced mint and thinly sliced red onion (for serving)
Heat a dry medium cast-iron skillet over medium-high. Cook scallions, turning once or twice, until lightly charred in spots, about 3 minutes.
Transfer to a blender and add chile, garlic, lime zest and juice, and oil. Blend until smooth; season dressing with salt.
Toss cabbage, radishes, and half of the dressing in a large bowl. Taste and season with salt and add more dressing if needed. Top with mint and onion just before serving.