Napa Cabbage Slaw with Charred Scallions & Lime Dressing
Thursday, June 30, 2022
Bright, crunchy, and easy to throw together, this Napa cabbage slaw recipe is sure to steal the show at your next backyard cookout!
What You Need
- 1 bunch of scallions (about 6), trimmed
- 1 habanero chili, seeds removed
- 4 garlic cloves
- Zest of 2 limes
- ½ cup fresh lime juice
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- Kosher salt
- 1 head Napa cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 large watermelon radishes or one 6" piece daikon (Japanese radish), peeled, cut into ⅛" thick matchsticks
- Thinly sliced mint and thinly sliced red onion (for serving)
Heat a dry medium cast-iron skillet over medium-high. Cook scallions, turning once or twice, until lightly charred in spots, about 3 minutes.
Transfer to a blender and add chile, garlic, lime zest and juice, and oil. Blend until smooth; season dressing with salt.
Toss cabbage, radishes, and half of the dressing in a large bowl. Taste and season with salt and add more dressing if needed. Top with mint and onion just before serving.