Bacon & Spinach Pasta with Parmesan Cream Sauce
What happens when you mix bacon, spinach, and pasta together in a parmesan cream sauce? You get this delicious recipe.
What you need
8 slices Daily's Cherry Applewood Bacon
2 tbsp. flour
2 cups Fresh Express Baby Spinach
1 package Cucina Fresca Fettuccine Noodles
3 tbsp Smith Brothers Farms Unsalted Butter
2/3 cup BelGioioso Shredded Parmesan, plus a little more for garnish
1-3/4 cups Smith Brothers Farms Half & Half
1. Bring 4 quarts of water to boil.
2. Heat a 12 to
3. Reduce heat to medium-low, leave enough bacon fat to coat the bottom of the pan. Add spinach and sauté until the spinach has wilted.
4. Cut spinach coarsely with kitchen shears.
5. Increase the heat back to medium-high and add the butter. As the butter melts, chop the bacon coarsely. Once the butter has melted, whisk the flour into the butter and cook, stirring occasionally, until bubbly.
6. Add the half & half slowly, whisking to combine. Let the mixture come to a simmer, and add the parmesan, whisking as it melts.
7. Salt the water, and add the pasta to cook. Stir the spinach and bacon into the cream sauce. After 90 seconds, remove the pasta and add directly to the pan with the sauce.
8. Remove the pan from the heat and toss to combine. Add salt and pepper to taste. If the sauce is too thick, stir in pasta water until desired consistency is reached. Garnish with more parmesan and serve immediately.