Featuring Applegate Naturals grilled chicken breast strips, sweet bell peppers, and cauliflower rice, this is a healthy, low-carb Tex-Mex dish that the whole family will love. It’s simple enough to prepare on a busy weeknight, but still bursting with a ton of flavor in every bite.
What you need
- 8 oz. Applegate Naturals Grilled Chicken Strips
- 2 bell peppers (Any color will do! We used one yellow and one red.)
- 10 oz. Pacific Coast Fruit's Cauliflower Rice
- 2 tbsp. homemade taco seasoning (See our recipe below. You can also use a premade packet from the store.)
- 1 tbsp. vegetable or canola oil
- 1/2 cup water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sliced Avocado*
- Chopped Cilantro*
Homemade Taco Seasoning
- 2 tbsp. chili powder
- 2 tbsp.ancho chili powder
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 2 tbsp. cumin
- 2 tsp. granulated garlic
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tbsp. Kosher salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper (optional)
Pour cauliflower rice into a large bowl and add taco seasoning. Toss to coat and set aside. Slice bell peppers into strips and set aside.
Heat a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat, add oil. When the oil is shimmering, add peppers and saute for 3 minutes. Add seasoned cauliflower rice and sauté for another 3 minutes. Pour in water, reduce heat to medium-low, and cover. Let the mixture simmer for 6 minutes.
Uncover and push the vegetables to one side of the pan. Place chicken in an empty spot, and stir to warm for 3 minutes. Mix everything together, continuing to stir, for another 4-5 minutes until chicken is warmed through, and liquid has disappeared.
Serve in bowls or with tortillas. Top with avocado and cilantro if desired.