Our Thanksgiving turkeys are free-range, blast chilled to preserve freshness, and delivered on the days leading up to Thanksgiving. Here's the schedule:
- Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday customers will receive their turkeys the week before Thanksgiving on November 14th, 15th and 16th.
- Monday and Tuesday customers will receive their turkeys Thanksgiving week on November 19th and 20th.
Order today - we sell out every year!
Here are answers to frequency asked turkey questions...
Where do your turkeys come from?
We buy our turkeys from Green Valley Meats; a family owned and operated
Are they delivered fresh?
Yes. They are fresh, "blast chilled" birds. Blast chilling freezes the top 1” layer (or so) of the turkey to ensure safety, but they are not frozen all the way through. This is the ideal processing for delivering fresh turkeys.
Are the turkeys organic?
No, they are not organic, but they are free range, natural turkeys that are free of hormones and antibiotics.
How are they packaged?
The turkeys are vacuum-sealed, then packaged in a plastic-lined cardboard box. It's a delicious present, placed on top of your porch box!
What size of turkey should I order?
Here is a general rule of thumb to help you choose the correct size:
• One (1) pound of raw turkey per person will provide a moderate amount for leftovers.
• 1 1/2 pounds per person, if you have hearty eaters or want ample leftovers.
• 3/4 pound per person for no leftovers.
How should I store my turkey?
Your turkey can be stored safely in your refrigerator for up to 14 days before consuming. You can also freeze your turkey if you prefer; be sure to plan for sufficient time to defrost your turkey prior to the big day!
How long does it take to cook a turkey?
Here are some general guidelines:
Turkey Cooking Times:
These times are based on the recommendations on a
Approximate Turkey Cooking Times:
12 to 14 pounds...............3 to 3-3/4 hours
14 to 18 pounds...............3-3/4 to 4-1/4 hours
18 to 20 pounds...............4-1/4 to 4-1/2 hours
20 to 24 pounds...............4-1/2 to 5 hours
12 to 14 pounds...............3-1/2 to 4 hours
14 to 18 pounds...............4 to 4-1/4 hours
18 to 20 pounds...............4-1/4 to 4-3/4 hours
20 to 24 pounds...............4-3/4 to 5-1/4 hours
The temperature must reach a minimum of 165° F in the thigh before removing from the oven. The center of the stuffing should reach 165° F. after stand time.
• Juices should be clear. In the absence of a meat thermometer, pierce the turkey with a fork in several places; juices should be clear with no trace of pink.
• After each use of your meat thermometer, wash the stem section of the thermometer thoroughly in hot, soapy water
Click here to pre-order your Thanksgiving turkey today!