Our Thanksgiving Turkeys are free-range, fresh (never frozen solid) and delivered the week of Thanksgiving. Turkeys will be delivered in a seprate box that your milkman will set on top of your porchbox with your delivery. Pre-order now, we sell out every year!
- Turkeys will be delivered Thanksgiving week, November 20th - 22nd.
- Thursday and Friday deliveries will receive their Turkeys the week before on November 16th & 17th.
Where do your turkeys come from?
We buy our turkeys from Green Valley Meats; a family owned and operated business based in Auburn, WA that specializes in fine quality meats. The turkeys are sourced from a poultry farm in Minnesota.
Are they delivered fresh?
Yes. Fresh turkeys are defined as turkeys that are held and delivered at a temperature above 0 degrees Fahrenheit. After they are butchered and vacuum-packed they are sent through a blast chiller, freezing the top 1” layer of the turkey to ensure safety, but they are never frozen all the way through.
Are the turkeys organic?
No, they are not organic, but they are free range, natural turkeys that are free of hormones and antibiotics.
How are they packaged?
The turkeys are packaged in a vacuum-sealed bag. They are then placed in a plastic-lined cardboard box for delivery to protect the turkey and avoid any leakage from condensation.
What size of turkey should I order?
Here are a few rules of thumb to help you choose the correct size:
• One (1) pound of raw turkey per person will provide a moderate amount for leftovers.
• 1 1/2 pounds per person, if you have hearty eaters or want ample leftovers.
• 3/4 pound per person for no leftovers.
How should I store my turkey?
Your turkey can be stored safely in your refrigerator for up to 14 days before consuming.
How long does it take to cook a turkey?
Here are some general guidelines:
Turkey Cooking Times:
These times are based on the recommendations on a 325 degree oven temperature. These times are
approximate and should always be used in conjunction with a properly placed meat thermometer.
Approximate Turkey Cooking Times:
12 to 14 pounds...............3 to 3-3/4 hours
14 to 18 pounds...............3-3/4 to 4-1/4 hours
18 to 20 pounds...............4-1/4 to 4-1/2 hours
20 to 24 pounds...............4-1/2 to 5 hours
12 to 14 pounds...............3-1/2 to 4 hours
14 to 18 pounds...............4 to 4-1/4 hours
18 to 20 pounds...............4-1/4 to 4-3/4 hours
20 to 24 pounds...............4-3/4 to 5-1/4 hours
The temperature must reach a minimum of 165° F in the thigh before removing from the oven. The center of the stuffing should reach 165° F. after stand time.
• Juices should be clear. In the absence of a meat thermometer, pierce the turkey with a fork in several places; juices should be clear with no trace of pink.
• After each use of your meat thermometer, wash the stem section of the thermometer thoroughly in hot, soapy water