‘Tis the season to bundle up and get cozy! Keep warm this winter with two classic hot drinks: mulled cider and homemade cocoa.
Crisp apple cider infused with sweet, warm spices and zesty oranges.
What you need
- 1 large orange
- 1-2 tbsp. of whole cloves
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 1/2 gallon (64 oz) Ryan's Opal Cider
Wash the orange and stick whole cloves into the skin of the orange. Place the orange with the cloves into a six-quart slow cooker with the cinnamon sticks and apple cider. Set cooker to high and simmer for three hours. Serve!
Don't have a slow cooker? Place the orange with the cloves into a large stockpot with the cinnamon sticks and the apple cider. Bring cider to a simmer on the stove and reduce to low. Keep over heat for three hours and serve.
A delicious blend of rich cocoa and milk topped with fluffy marshmallows.
What you need
- 4 cups of Smith Brothers Farms Whole Milk
- 10 oz. sweetened condensed milk (If you like it to be a little sweeter, add more!)
- 6-8 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa (add to taste)
- Marshmallows, whipped cream, or any other of your favorite toppings
Heat milk slowly over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally. When milk is steaming, whisk in sweetened condensed milk (add until desired sweetness). Gradually add cocoa in small amounts to prevent clumping. Pour into mugs and top with marshmallows or whipped cream.