Easy Mezze Salad
Mezze (or meze) is a style of dining in the Mediterranean and Middle East that consists of an assortment of hot and cold appetizers meant for sharing. Popular elements include kebabs, salad, pita, and dips.
Inspired by this colorful spread, we took many of the delicious elements and combined them into a hearty bowl. This delectable mash-up includes quinoa, leafy greens, veggies, topped with baba ghanouj and hummus, served with warm pita bread. It’s super easy, filling, and full of goodness.
You can use this recipe as a starting point and tailor it to what your family likes. Mix and match with your favorite protein, grains, and veggies!
Easy Mezze Salad
What you need
- Quinoa, farro, or any other of your favorite grains, cooked
- Lemon juice
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Organic cherry tomatoes, halved
- Cucumbers, sliced
- Earthbound Farm Organic Spring Mix
- Nomad Food Co. Hummus or Baba Ghanouj
- Seattle International Baking Company Greek Pita, lightly toasted and cut into triangles
Other add-in ideas:
- Nomad Food Co. Falafel
- Kalamata olives
- Moms Micro Garden Microgreens Blend
- Marinated or crispy chickpeas
- Grilled chicken
- Roasted vegetables (carrots, Brussels sprouts, and sweet potatoes are all great options)
Preheat oven to 325F. With a pastry brush, lightly coat each pita with olive oil. Place on the top rack in the oven and heat for about 10 minutes.
In a medium bowl, combine quinoa, lemon juice, oil, salt, and pepper. Divide among the serving bowls. Top with cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, spring mix, any other add-ins, and baba ghanouj. Finish with a squeeze of lemon juice. Enjoy!