Cottage Cheese Stuffed Chicken Recipe
Monday, August 16, 2021
For an easy and delicious dinner, try this chicken recipe featuring our low fat cottage cheese!
Cottage Cheese Stuffed Chicken
- 1 lb. chicken breasts
- ½ tbsp. olive oil
- 1 bag Fresh Express Baby Spinach
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- A pinch of kosher salt
- ½ cup Smith Brothers Low Fat Cottage Cheese
- 1 cup Tillamook Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste
- Cooked whole wheat pasta (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375F. Lightly coat a baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- Slightly pound each chicken breast to an even thickness. Cut a pocket on the side of each chicken breast and carefully cut it open. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a nonstick skillet. Add spinach and garlic; season with a pinch of salt and cook for 2 minutes, or until wilted, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and let the spinach cool down.
- When cool enough, combine the spinach with cottage cheese, 1/2 cup mozzarella, egg white, salt, and pepper in a mixing bowl; mix and stir until well combined.
- Evenly spoon spinach mixture over prepared chicken breasts. Seal the chicken breasts with a toothpick and transfer to the previously prepared baking dish.
- In a small mixing bowl, stir the tomato sauce and tomato paste until well combined. Spoon the sauce mixture over the chicken pieces. Cover the dish and bake for 25 minutes.
- Uncover and sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese. Put back in the oven and continue to cook for another 20 minutes, or until cheese is melted and chicken is cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Serve as is or over cooked whole wheat pasta.