We set out to create a dish that captured the flavors and feelings of fall, and not to toot one’s horn, we think we did it. It stars a certain member of the gourd family (because no fall-inspired recipe could be made without pumpkin!), has a medley of warming spices, and is exceptionally comforting.
Pumpkin Ravioli with Sausage and Sage
Pumpkin ravioli and German sausages tossed in a buttery sage cream sauce.
What you need
- 10 oz package Cucina Fresca Pumpkin Ravioli
- 3 Hill's German Sausages
- 2 tbsp. Smith Brothers Farms Unsalted Butter
- 1 tbsp. fresh sage, minced finely (if you don't have fresh, use 2 tsp dry sage)
- 3/4 cup Smith Brothers Farms Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/2 cup BelGioioso Shredded Parmesan, plus extra for garnish
- 1-2 tsp. chili powder (depending on your taste!)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Boil ravioli according to package and set aside.
Place a large, high-sided skillet over medium heat, and add butter. Slice sausages at an angle and add to pan. Brown on all sides, then push to one side of the pan.
Add fresh sage, and sauté until fragrant. Add cream and stir to combine. Add shredded parmesan in small batches until melted into cream. Stir in chili powder, then add in salt and pepper to taste. Place ravioli in pan with sauce and toss lightly to combine. Serve with extra parmesan.
- Baked Gnocchi with Meatballs
A hearty casserole with soft potato dumplings nestled between melted cheese, Italian meatballs, and rich marinara sauce.
- Bacon & Spinach Pasta with Parmesan Cream Sauce
What happens when you mix bacon, spinach, and pasta together in a parmesan cream sauce? This delicious recipe.
- Lazy Lasagna
Make lasagna in half the time with this one-pot recipe.